During the health emergency, Istat set out a series of actions to ensure the continuity and quality of statistical production even in a crisis situation.
The Institute adopted sustainable acquisition techniques for the collection of statistical data and put its expertise at the service of the country, introducing methodological solutions and innovations in the use of new data sources. Thanks to a significant investment in digitalisation, the production and dissemination of official statistics, essential for measuring the evolution of economy and society, have never stopped.
During the Covid-19 emergency, Istat concentrated its efforts on carrying out a series of thematic surveys to collect and make available to institutions, public decision-makers, households and businesses all the information needed to analyse the main effects of the health crisis on economy and society.
Istat is now ready to provide the necessary answers to support and monitor the recovery and build the future of the country.
This section contains all updated data on issues related to the emergency situation, information on the extraordinary measures implemented by the Institute for the continuation of surveys, activities and services.
- 16 July 2020 – Report Istat-ISS (National Institute of health) Impact of COVID-19 epidemic on mortality: causes of death in COVID-19 laboratory confirmed cases
- 10 July 2020 – Report Istat-ISS (National Institute of health) Mortality of the resident population (1 January-31 May 2020) (7.357 municipalities)
- 30 June 2020 – Gender-based violence at the time of Covid-19: calls to the 1522 helpline – Reference period:1 March – 16 April 2020
- 4 June 2020 – Report Istat-ISS (National Institute of health) Mortality of the resident population (1st four months of 2020) (7.270 municipalities)
- 4 May 2020 – Report Istat-ISS (National Institute of health) Mortality of the resident population (1st quater 2020)
- 10 August 2020 – Male, female and total deaths (7.357 municipalities)
Reference period: 1 January – 30 June 2020
- 9 July 2020 – Male, female and total deaths (7.357 municipalities)
Reference period: 1 January – 31 May 2020
- 18 June 2020 – Male, female and total data deaths (7.270 municipalities)
Reference period: 1 January -15 May 2020
- 4 June 2020 – Male, female and total deaths (7.270 municipalities)
Reference period: 1 January -30 April 2020
- 27 May 2020 – Deaths in Italy by underlying cause and region of occurence
Reference period: 1 March-15 May 2017 and deaths with Covid-19 in the same period of 2020
- 3 June 2020 – Italian national museums: performance and scenarios
- 14 May 2020 – Gender-based violence during Covid-19
- 8 May 2020 – Computers and tablets in Italian households
- 7 May 2020 – Over 75 in Italy
- 6 May 2020 – The Italian Public health sector
- 5 May 2020 – Social protection in Italy and Europe
- 4 May 2020 – The impact of Covid-19 on tourism in Italy
- The March monthly report includes the first focus on the COVID-19 economic impact – 7 April 2020
- Due to operational problems caused by the current Covid-19 emergency, surveys on consumer and business confidence are suspended for the current month– 2 April 2020.
- The health emergency and the consequent government containment measures influenced the consumer and business confidence climate – 27 March 2020.
- The Eurozone Economic outlook – The dissemination of this note is suspended because of the current difficulties in collection and interpretation of the data due to the health emergency in act – 27 March 2020.
- COVID-19: no impacts on production of information and data – 19 March 2020.
- Senate Act (summary) – The Italian National Institute of Statistics (Istat) aims at contributing with its data and analyses to the evaluation of the second Government decree dealing with the Covid-19 emergency (decreto-legge 17 marzo 2020, n. 18), which is currently under examination at the Senate Budget Commission – 25 March 2020.
- 17 June 2020 – Press release – The Istat Press office staff in smart working until 31 July