Due to the coronavirus epidemic, and following the measures adopted by the Government to contain it, Istat has implemented a series of actions to ensure the continuity and quality of statistical production even in the emergency situation.
The Institute has reorganized data collection by sustainable acquisition techniques, innovative methodologies and use of data sources; it also provided most appropriate solutions to support statistical production processes, in full protection of workers’ health.
Official statistics are fundamental for measuring the evolution of economy and society; their production and dissemination at the service of institutions, policy-makers, families and businesses, therefore, cannot be stopped, but need to be rethought to be ready to provide the country with all necessary answers, and above all to support and monitor the future country’s recovery.
Istat has long invested in dematerialisation and can therefore ensure full operation of its databases and accessible online services.
The extraordinary measures and temporary provisions implemented by Istat are described in this page, along with clarification on the continuation of surveys and service information.
- 27 May 2020 – Deaths in Italy by underlying cause and region of occurence
Reference period: 1 March-15 May 2017 and deaths with Covid-19 in the same period of 2020
- 4 May 2020 – Report Istat-ISS (National Institute of health) Mortality of the resident population (1st quater 2020)
- 5 May 2020 – Male, female and total deaths (6.866 municipalities)
Reference period: 01/01-31/03, Years 2015-2020
- 5 May 2020 – Male, female and total deaths by age group, week of demographic event and municipality of residence at the time of death (4.433 municipalities)
Reference period: 01/01-15/04, Years 2015-2020
- Health data and microdata
- Population and Households data and microdata
- 8 May 2020 – Computers and tablets in Italian households
- 7 May 2020 – Over 75 in Italy
- 6 May 2020 – The Italian Public health sector
- 5 May 2020 – Social protection in Italy and Europe
- 4 May 2020 – The impact of Covid-19 on tourism in Italy
- The March monthly report includes the first focus on the COVID-19 economic impact – 7 April 2020
- Due to operational problems caused by the current Covid-19 emergency, surveys on consumer and business confidence are suspended for the current month– 2 April 2020.
- The health emergency and the consequent government containment measures influenced the consumer and business confidence climate – 27 March 2020.
- The Eurozone Economic outlook – The dissemination of this note is suspended because of the current difficulties in collection and interpretation of the data due to the health emergency in act – 27 March 2020.
- COVID-19: no impacts on production of information and data – 19 March 2020.
- Senate Act (summary) – The Italian National Institute of Statistics (Istat) aims at contributing with its data and analyses to the evaluation of the second Government decree dealing with the Covid-19 emergency (decreto-legge 17 marzo 2020, n. 18), which is currently under examination at the Senate Budget Commission – 25 March 2020.
- 18 May 2020 – Press release – The Istat Press office staff in smart working until 31 May