Overall objective. To contribute to improve the capacity of CARICOM (CARICOM Secretariat and Member States) to obtain the statistical information needed to guide the development process of the Caribbean Region.
Specific objective. To provide the RSP of the CARICOM Secretariat and the NSOs of the Member States with a range of complete and reliable statistics in the sectors of Gender, Environment, Agriculture and Rural development.
The direct beneficiaries of the project are:
- the staff working at the NSOs of the CARICOM Member States.
- the staff of the RSP of the CARICOM Secretariat;
whose statistical capacity, skills and qualifications will be strengthened through Istat technical assistance, training on the job and specific training programmes.
Indirect beneficiaries will be key institutional data producers and users including, at national level, the line ministries, the municipalities etc.
In a wider perspective, the whole Caribbean Community will benefit from the project, as policies based on reliable statistical data allow to better guide and evaluate the social and economic development of the region.
Currently CARICOM counts 15 full members (Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago) and 5 associate members (Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands).
- Caribbean Community (CARICOM) – Regional strategy for the development of Statistics 2019-2030
- Strategic plan for the Caribbean Community 2015-2019: Repositioning Caricom – 2015-2019. Vol. 1: The Executive Plan
- Strategic plan for the Caribbean Community 2015-2019: Repositioning Caricom – 2015-2019. Vol. 1: The Strategic Plan
Milena Grassia – Project Manager
ph. +39 06 46732495
Roberta Fontana – Management of TC projects in Asia, Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean
ph. +39 06 4673 2753