Istat releases the half-yearly update of the indicators on Equitable and sustainable well-being (Bes).
On this occasion, within 8 of the 12 Bes domains, 27 indicators were updated and, in some cases, revisions in the time series were carried out.
The update is disseminated in three complete files in .xlsx format, to facilitate customised consultation of Bes indicators, jointly considering different domains, multiple indicators, different selections of the territories and the available breakdowns (geographical area, gender, age group and level of education).
A first file contains data by region, geographical macro area and, when available, gender; a second file contains data for indicators available by age and gender; a third file contains, for the indicators for which it is possible, the classification by level of education, age and gender.
The metadata for the 152 Bes indicators are contained in a separate file.
Updated indicators by domain
- Road accidents mortality rate (15-34 years old)
Education and training
- First-time entry rate to university by cohort of upper secondary graduates
- Inadequate level of literacy (students in grade 8)
- Inadequate level of numeracy (students in grade 8)
- Disposable income inequality
- People at risk of poverty
- Absolute poverty (incidence)
- Severe material and social deprivation rate – Europe 2030
- Severe housing deprivation
- Great difficulty in making ends meet
- Very low work intensity – Europe 2030
- Housing cost overburden rate
Politics and institutions
- Women and political representation at regional level
Landscape and cultural heritage
- Current expenditure of Municipalities for culture
- Impact of forest fires
- Density and importance of musems’ heritage
- Spread of rural tourism facilities
- Protected natural areas
- Domestic material consumption
- Soil sealing from artificial land cover
Innovation, research and creativity
- Patent propensity
Quality of services
- Seat-Km of public transport networks
- Overall Fixed Very High Capacity Network (VHCN) coverage
- Hospital beds in high-care wards
- Composite index of service accessibility
- Integrated home assistance service
- General practitioners with a number of patients above the maximum threshold