7-10 June 2022
Carlo Azeglio Ciampi Centre for Monetary and Financial Education
Via Nazionale, 91
By invitation only
Banca d’Italia and Istat host the 17th Meeting of the Ottawa Group on Price Indices.
The Ottawa Group is a city group set up under the auspices of the United Nations Statistical Commission. The meeting will be hosted by Istat and Banca d’Italia from Tuesday 7 to Friday 10 June 2022.
The topics for discussion at the meeting include, but are not limited to, the following:
- new data sources and new techniques to compile price indices, including the implications on index formulas
- expenditure weights in the CPI, including new data sources, frequency and timeliness
- challenging areas of measurement (digitalisation and shared economy) and quality adjustment
- measurement of housing in the CPI including Owner Occupied Housing and rents
- going beyond CPI – alternative/complementary measures of inflation and cost of living
- consumer price expectations and inflation perceptions.
The submission of papers related to measuring CPIs during the Covid-19 pandemic and country’s experiences in this regard is encouraged across all topics. The language of the 2022 meeting will be English, as was the case at previous meetings.
The meeting will be held at the Carlo Azeglio Ciampi Centre for Monetary and Financial Education, located in the centre of Rome. However, participants – including speakers – are given the opportunity to participate virtually.