The estimates of the modalities of use of websites by enterprises – produced using directly Internet data – are made available by Istat.
In download, in Excel format, the estimates of the rate of enterprises (on the total reference population) that own or use a website in which are available:
- web ordering functions (e-commerce component);
- information on job vacancies;
- links to social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.);
- all the information above, organized by NACE level 2.
The estimates, referring to 2017, concern a reference population of about 184,000 enterprises with at least 10 persons employed operating in different sectors of economic activity.
Data are obtained through a procedure based on web scraping and natural language processing techniques.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
- Istat Big Data Committee 2017 Report – Internet as Data Source
- Quality evaluation of experimental statistics produced by making use of Big Data
- Internet as Data Source in the Istat Survey on ICT in Enterprises
- On the use of Internet as a data source for Official Statistics: a strategy for identifying enterprises on the web
- Istat: Citizens, enterprises and ICT
ph. +39 06 4673.6104
Methodology and results:
ph. +39 06 4673.3269
ph. +39 06 4673.3345