The Directive n. 11 of November 7, 2018 of the Steering and Coordination Committee for Statistical Information (Comstat) establishes the adoption of the “Guidelines for the access for scientific purposes to the elementary data of the National Statistical System”, pursuant to art. 5-ter of the legislative decree n. 33 of March 14, 2013. The guidelines set the conditions under which Sistan institutions and offices can allow researchers to access for scientific purposes elementary data, which they hold, without any references allowing direct identification of statistical units.
The recognition of an organization as a research entity is a necessary condition for the researchers of the entity to request access to the elementary data files, released by a Sistan body on its own institutional site, through a Laboratory or MFR files.
The organizations that are eligible for recognition (article 5-ter, paragraph 1, letter a) of the legislative decree) are:
- Universities, or their internal research bodies;
- Research entities, or their internal research bodies;
- Public or private institutions, or their internal research bodies.
The recognition is however granted if the organization is already included into the list of research entities recognized by Eurostat, pursuant to Regulation (EU) no. 557/2013 (Article 5-ter, paragraph 1, letter a), of the legislative decree), or into the the list of entities recognized by Comstat, which will be published on this site and on the Sistan portal.
To proceed with the recognition it is necessary to fill in the following forms (in Italian language):
and send them by using one of the following methods:
- certified e-mail address email@example.com
- e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. In this case it is necessary to transmit the original documentation by registered mail to ISTAT / DIRM / DCSI / SIA, via Cesare Balbo, 16 00184 Rome.
List of research entities recognized by Eurostat (EU Regulation no. 557/2013)