2011 Guidelines Quality
2001 LEG on Quality
Non sampling error model
- Hansen, M.H. Hurwitz, W.N., Bershad, M.A.1961. Measurement errors in censuses and surveys. Bulletin of the International Statistical Institute, 38, Part II, 359-374.
- Hansen, M.H.; Hurwitz, W.N.; and Pritzker, L. (1964), "The estimation and interpretation of gross differences and the simple response variance," Contribution to statistics, in C.R. Rao (editor) Pergamon Press, Oxford, and Statistical Publishing Society, Calcutta, pp. 111-13
- Leslie Kish. Survey sampling. Wiley, 1965
1. Istat. Pianificazione della produzione dei dati. 1989
2. Istat. Il questionario: progettazione, redazione e verifica. 1989
3. Istat. Le rappresentazioni grafiche di dati statistici. 1989
4. Istat. Il sistema di controllo della qualità dei dati. 1989
5. Istat. Tecniche di campionamento: teoria e pratica. 1989
6. Istat. Tecniche di somministrazione del questionario. 1989
7. Istat. Tecniche di stima della varianza campionaria. 1989
The handbooks are available at (Italian version only):http://lipari.istat.it/SebinaOpac/SebinaYOU.do
The European Conference on Quality in Official Statistics (Q2012) was held in Athens on 29 May - 2 June, 2012.
Sponsorship on quality (2011)
The Sponsorship on Quality (2009-20011) is an high level ESS Committee Task Force. Its mandate was to develop recommendations for possible modifications of the Code of Practice as well as recommendations to enhance quality-related activities.
The task force proposed some revisions of the European Statistics Code of Practice.
Moreover, the Task force provided a preliminary version of the Quality Assurance Framework for the implementation of the Code
and developed recommendations on quality reporting.
The European Statistical System Committee approved the task force work and recommendations in September 2011.
Istat Quality Guidelines (2011)
English version - 2012. The document is available at:
The European Conference on Quality in Official Statistics (Q2010) was held in Helsinki on May 4-6, 2010.
Italian Statistics Code of Practice (2010)
The document is available at (Italian version only): http://www3.istat.it/istat/attivita/codice_statistica.pdf
Assessing Quality through Auditing and Self-Assessment
The European Conference on Quality in Official Statistics (Q2008) was held in Rome on July 9-11, 2008.
RPs for Editing and Imputation in Cross-Sectional Business Surveys (2008)
The document is available at:
European Conference on Quality in Survey Statistics (Q2006) Cardiff, UK, 24-26 April 2006
SIQual information system on quality: http://siqual.istat.it/SIQual/lang.do?language=UK
European statistics code of practice (2005)
Revised in 2011. The document is available at:
Handbook of RPs for Questionnaire Development and Testing (2005)
The handbook is available at:
The European Conference on Quality and Methodology in Official Statistics (Q2004) was held 24-26 May 2004, in Mainz, Germany.
LEG on Quality (2001)
The Summary Report from the Leadership Group (LEG) on Quality
is available at: Summary Report from the Leadership Group (LEG) on Quality
The International Conference on Quality in Official Statistics (Q2001), was held in Stockholm on May 14-15, 2001. The conference was jointly organised by Statistics Sweden and Eurostat
U.N. Fundamental principles of Official Statistics (1994)
The document is available at: http://unstats.un.org/unsd/methods/statorg/FP-English.htm